Monday, June 15, 2009

Wii Love It!

We did it. We finally broke down and did it. We bought a Nintendo Wii (pronounced 'we'). Not having a video game system in a home I lived in for more than 15 years, I was hesitant to do so. Noel was eager to try out the game designed to act as a personal trainer. I was skeptical that it would really be a workout. I was in the Army for cryin' out loud. I did pushups, situps, ran (uphill the whole way), etc. No Super Mario Bros. video game system is going to work me out. No, sir!

So, off to Costco we went. A good friend of mine says, "if they don't sell it at Costco (Sam's Club, in his case), you don't need it". Along with two loaves of bread, five pounds of strawberries (yes, we really do go through 5lbs of strawberries before they go bad) and some tasty frozen pizzas, we headed back home.

After setting it up, Noel and I set out for a game of bowling, gearing up for our first workout. We pushed the couches out of the way and began our workout. It didn't seem that hard at first. A couple of leg lifts, some squats, bent over rows. Whatever. This isn't hard. Right?

I woke up Sunday morning realizing that I was no longer in the Army. My legs were sore; very sore. I hobbled up and down the stairs and sat awkwardly at the kitchen table. I was SORE! OUCH! Noel didn't fare much better.

I am happy to report that we are making progress. We just completed workout number three and we are still with it. The soreness is subsiding it is a fun activity for Noel and I to share. The kids love bowling and Mason loves the boxing. Rather than show you two 30-somethings sweating like out-of-shape 30-somethings, I will leave you with a clip of Mason boxing.

No comments: