Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Best Thing About Summer

I have always had a weakness for ice cream. I think I get it from my grandfather who, long ago, introduced me to vanilla ice cream and frozen strawberries. I just love the stuff. Cookies and cream, Cherry Cordial, Butter Pecan. Bring me MORE!! Favorite store brand? United Dairy Farmers. Favorite ice cream parlor? Graeters. The day we got ice cream in Iraq? Possibly the highlight of the deployment. I was reminded today of the Pakistani guy who dipped it. He would ask, "Vanilla, light strawberry or dark strawberry?" No one had the heart to tell him one of them was raspberry.

Summer brings out the best in ice cream. Super Bomb Pops, Choco Tacos, Bubble O Bill, Creamsicle, Fudgsicle, Drumsticks, Push-Pops, Chipwiches, Eskimo Pies, Klondike Bars, Ice Cream Sandwiches; you name it.
Ice cream is yummy. In a cone, dish or on a stick. It doesn't matter.

And, as you can see, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

No comments: