Monday, May 18, 2009

Paying Tribute

A couple of weeks ago, I got the idea to email my former comrades I served with in Iraq. It all started when my wife's boss (a fellow cavalryman) asked her a piece of army trivia of which took me three days to think of the answer. I got to thinking that I should really start to log some of my experiences (so maybe you will read of some of my exploits at a later date). I sent out an email blast looking for a CD full of pictures. There was no minimum requirement, just photos that they took while deployed. I got eight or nine responses and garnered over 3,500 pictures! Thanks to all who contibuted.

Looking through the pictures, it reminded me of how young the Army truly is. Made up of 18-20 year olds (many of whom are married) that raise their hands, pledge allegience and then sacrifice so much at such an early age. These troopers, almost all who will serve namelessly, are American heroes. For them, I have created a tribute to these warriors who served so honorably in Iraq.

2nd Battalion, 8th (U.S.) Cavalry - A Year in Baghdad from Doug Huber on Vimeo.



God Speed those that are still in harm's way.

No comments: