Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DIY - For the Adventure of It All Part 2

We last left the action with the tile drying and a tired (and now sore) Doug ready to hit the sack. Monday morning arrived too soon and I awoke to dry adhesive and another full day's worth of work.

So, off I went. More YouTube, more do-it-yourself website and I was ready to go. It didn't take me long to figure out that grouting is the most labor intensive part of the job; especially when you are grouting 2" square tiles. While Noel was downstairs sanding and painting the trim, I was careful to maintain a 45 degree angle with my grout float, careful to let it dry before wiping and careful to let feeling return to my lower legs after for kneeling for so long (I know, I know ... Boo Hoo Doug ...). I think I managed to put equal parts grout between the tiles to grout on the tiles which made for a challenging clean up. But, I perservered and Noel did a lot (okay, most) of the grout cleaning. We took a break at let the grout dry.


After we put the kids down for bed, I was back at it. I re-installed the base molding and dropped the toilet back on the flange. Whew. Complete. Well, not quite. We will have a list of touch up to do including, but not limited to:

  • cutting the toilet bolts flush and installing the caps
  • cleaning the bathtub
  • caulking the trim
  • wiping off the grout (one more time)
  • and then sealing the grout
  • trying out the bullet point feature on Google Blogger (complete!)

Thanks to Roger and Susan for the helpful tips!

Ohhh. Ahhh.


Tiling the entry may have to wait.

No comments: