Saturday, May 29, 2010

Frankenstroller

Mallory is 3 and 1/2 (speeding toward 13) but she still needs the occasional lift in a stroller. With many summer adventures planned we knew that we needed an umbrella stroller that was easy to pack and light. The problem with umbrella strollers is that they are made for people who are 5'6". That is neither me nor Noel.

So, I went to work at the newly tooled work bench. My plan was to take the handles off of a old stroller and attach them higher up on the the newer one. You can see my work below.

  • Used Stroller from Once Upon A Child: $8
  • Various nuts, bolts and washers from Lowe's: $1.96
  • Not having to bend over pushing your child in a stroller: Priceless



1 comment:

Indianalori said...

As a freakishly short person, I now see that you tall people are handicapped in a way. Stroller handles come to my eyeballs. That's an advantage. My 4 year old is now past my waist in height. By 7, she will have surpassed me.

But I will always have the stroller industry thinking about me...old shorty.

Good work!