Tuesday, October 12, 2010

30 Years of Marriage

This past weekend, my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary - a milestone, to be sure. The four sons hosted (with many of the thanks going to Ken and Lori for coordinating everything) at Valley Vineyards, one of Dad's favorite haunts.

It was so nice to be a part of such a wonderful event; filled with my folks' friends and family.

Ken did a great job with his barbershop quartet (video below) and the food was wonderful (especially the cake, Beth ... I keep telling Greg you should go into business!).

Thank you to my wonderful parents for raising us well. For the challenges you helped us overcome and being there to celebrate our successes in life - those successes are a recognition of your love, discipline and patience. As I said at the party, it is tough to pay you back and I hope that I can pay it forward, by guiding my kids in the spirit in which I was raised.

Love to you both. Congrats and may there be 30 more.


The soothing sounds of Smooth Transition!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the celebration. LOVE the sentiment. Love the tenor! Thanks for sharing.